Sunday, December 4, 2011

Why Barefoot?

Before I get very far in describing those moments that make me realize that this is life, in moments and instances of indescribable wonder, I want to go into depth in explaining what I mean by "life barefoot."

By being barefoot, it is possible to experience more because you aren't feeling just the air against your arms or face, but the ground beneath your feet. Once barefoot, it is easier to be sensitive to what you hear or smell. Then you can realize that you might be able to see things more vividly and taste the complexities in food if you happen to be munching on something. Whenever I go barefoot, somehow I notice more, however that does not mean I have to be without shoes or socks constantly to live this way.

Life barefoot is a reality and a metaphor for experiencing the senses of life that create the experiences and moments that are full of beauty and amazement that make one feel their soul or know they've stepped into something utterly beyond words - yet this is what I want to try to do. As described in my first post, I want to put words to these feelings and times that have become a memory or a moment that just took you and made you realize that this is what life is all about. That this is not about what could be, but it is about what is, and what you find to be increase your capacity for stepping into the beauty that surprises you.

This is a way of being inspired, for the life you have is yours. Seize it, and find the opportunity to live in it and to live barefoot. 


No comments:

Post a Comment