Thursday, June 13, 2013

Along The Journey There Are Glimpses of The Destination

In the soft glow of evening just before dusk life transitions out of the familiar that we have known for the changing hours of today into the vault of darkness that seems to hold more of the unknown. Fear for the future can sometimes suspend my eager anticipatory glances to tomorrow while keeping me expecting the same things I've already known and experienced. The sun has already begun to make its appearance somewhere in the East as I write this in the West. Tomorrow brings so much uncertainty because it has yet to be fully formed.

What about the answers to the questions that make up life's yearnings? What about the destination and end of the journey? Is that what I'm finding in each step I take? There is depth in not knowing. Do I choose to fear or do I choose to accept that I don't know?

In the sunset the day and the night meet for their final time for the day that is about to end. As the darkness arrives, the journey continues. There we find together with the light that the fullness around life is to be discovered as one brings meaning to the other.


No comments:

Post a Comment